In this class, students will learn how to use the Lab’s Rolland Desktop Vinyl Cutter by making stickers and signs. We will use Inkscape to create the designs. Class topics include:
- How to prepare designs with Inkscape
- How to load vinyl into the cutter
- How to configure the cutter
- How to prepare the appliqué for mounting
- How to mount your vinyl sticker
- How to combine multiple colors in one sign/sticker/design
Participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Inkscape software before coming to the workshop. We will provide you with sample sticker and sign designs. However, participants are welcome to bring their own designs (vector only, not raster) in SVG format on a USB stick. After taking this class, students will be certified to use the vinyl cutter on their own and may sign up to use the machine if they become Labs members. For your future projects, additional vinyl can be purchased directly from the labs.